Wednesday, January 27, 2016

It's a Good Day

Ya’ll know that I’m a praying woman, right? Okay, now that we have that established – on to the post.

In my last post I said that I couldn’t wait until Spring and I actually got a small taste of it yesterday here at the Beach.  The temperature exceeded 60 degrees and I was able to put on my running shoes and go for a 4-mile run.  It was awesome!  It did quite a bit for my mood so that was a plus.

Monday’s interview went very well.  One of the questions they asked was, “Why should we hire you?” and I said, “Because I’m awesome!”  They must have agreed because this afternoon I was offered the position!  I knew I had that job – seriously, I knew it.  I must have applied for at least a dozen personal trainer jobs and this one – which isn’t exactly PT but encompasses many areas of fitness.  I asked God to bless me.  I prayed, prepared and praised and God came through.  As He always does. 

When I’m asked to pray at different church meetings or group functions, one of the things that I almost always say is, “God, even if you never do anything else for us, you are still God and you are still on the throne and for that I am so grateful.”  Those are powerful words and easy to say when you are not in need of anything.  Oh but when you find yourself in need – that is when the rubber meets the road.  That is when the women are separated from the girls.  Do you really believe that God is going to come through even though you can’t see how? 

That’s when real faith – NOW faith – has to kick in, for real. 

At the interview on Monday they told me (I was interviewed by three men) that they would make a decision on Tuesday.  I left the place happy because I knew I would get an offer on Tuesday.  I was singing and thanking God in advance.  One of the people that I put down as a reference called me and said that she received a call.  They wouldn’t be calling my references if they weren’t seriously considering me, right?  I started praising God again and thanking him in advance.  By 6:00 pm on Tuesday I hadn’t heard anything and for a millisecond I was disappointed but I got over it quickly.  I knew God had a plan.  At 12:55 pm today I got the offer.

God is good.

Let me say this:  I am not backing away from my entrepreneurial dreams.  God gave me this desire for a reason and it is my responsibility to pursue it.  I know that.  It’s just going to take a little longer than I had anticipated – and that’s okay.  All I’ve got is time and now I have the proper time to build a sustainable business and not be constantly worried about how I’m going to keep the lights on.  Are you wondering why I didn’t just stay at my corporate job and do the same thing?  Here’s why:  because I HATED my corporate job.  At least now, I’ll be doing something in the fitness industry while I’m building my fitness empire.  Yes, I said empire.

I watched a Periscope last night that forced me to my knees and repent. 

BreakFor those of you who don’t know, Periscope is a live streaming app.  It’s a perfect way to reach your target audience and let them get to know you better in a LIVE environment.  It helps them to know, like and trust you.  They can make comments, ask questions and you can respond.  If you are not on Periscope you need to download the app and add me (@msmatt1017) so you can watch my broadcasts. 



Anyway, one of the ladies that I watch is a business coach and one of the things that she said was that so many of us say that we want to be entrepreneurs but we aren’t really putting in the necessary work.  We are in the habit of rewarding ourselves before a reward is warranted. 

I had to think about that for a minute.  It kind of sounded like me.  Not kind of – it was me. 

She challenged us (the viewers) to really make these last few days of January count.  Do the work and stop playing!

I had to repent because I asked God to allow me to quit my job so I can work for myself.  He did that but I didn’t do my part.  My actions were not in line with someone who wanted to truly be an entrepreneur.  This is not a 9-5 life and I was treating it like it was.  Telling myself that I “deserved” to sit and watch Netflix for hours at a time even though I hadn’t signed any new clients in months!

What the heck is wrong with me?


Yes, play time is over.  

No comments: