Saturday, January 23, 2016

Winter Has Arrived

There is a significant snowstorm hitting the East Coast this weekend.  Here, in Virginia Beach we got snow last night that turned into rain and it looks like it’s trying to turn back to snow.  No accumulation.  Lots of rain and wind and cold.

It’s the cold that gets me.  I fall into this funk every winter and every winter I tell myself that I have to move West.  I actually lose days when it’s cold.  It’s difficult for me to concentrate so I don’t get much done.  When I woke up this morning I made an intentional effort to get up, get dressed, do my hair and makeup so I would feel “human”.  Walking around in sweats all day with a head scarf on does nothing but make me feel like a slug.  Looking good, makes me feel good and I think I got some work done.  I worked on my new website, which will be unveiled by the beginning of February.  I did some studying, I watched some YouTube videos and now I’m working on my writing.  I have this blog, my business blog, emails to my list and a new novel that I’m working on.

After the launch of my last book, P.U.S.H. (purchase a copy HERE), I felt very strongly that I had another novel in me.  I’m working on disciplining myself to write daily the way I did when I wrote Raymond’s Daughters.  The goal is to have 500 pages written by the end of the year.  I don’t have a title yet and I’m on the third chapter.

I have a job interview on Monday at a local fitness and wellness center.  The position combines administrative (e.g. managing facility operations, scheduling, collecting payments) and fitness (e.g. assisting patrons and ensuring they are using equipment properly) responsibilities.  I’ve been praying and preparing and I am confident that God will show me favor.

That’s it for today.  I hope you are enjoying the weather where you are – if you are on the West coast leave me a comment and let me know how beautiful it is out there!


I can’t wait until Spring.

No comments: