Friday, October 20, 2017

My Faves from the Total Top 20


One of my favorite past times is discovering new wines.  I have my standard favorites but every now and then I like to venture out.  Unless I’m going to a wine tasting it’s hard to know what I should try.  I am partial to reds:  Pinot Noir, Bordeaux, Syrah/Shiraz, Malbec and various blends.  Basically, anything except Cabernet.  No reason, just not a fan.  When it comes to whites I prefer Sauvignon Blanc and maybe a Riesling if it’s not too sweet.  No Chardonnay for me.  Anyway, since I like to try new wines I rely on the recommendations of others or the annual top 20 list that Total Wine puts out. 

I was planning to make my way through the entire list but I decided to stick to the varietals that I already enjoy:

 
#4 Verada Tri-County Pinot Noir
(Good but not great)

 
#7 Big Six Bourbon Barrel Red Wine Blend
(Fantastic! I've already repurchased and received an additional bottle as a gift)

 
#9 - Renieri Invetro Merlot/Cab Blend
(Very good. Will probably repurchase)

 
#13 - Greyrock Sauvignon Blanc
(In my fridge now, will try tonight)

#14 - Cruz Alta Malbec Reserve
(Pretty good, will likely repurchase)

#20 Ropiteau Pinot Noir
(Very good! Will definitely repurchase)
 
 
There you have it.  My favorites from the 2017 Total Wine Top20.  Cheers!


No comments: