Thursday, July 31, 2008

Enlighten Me

I know a young lady who is going through a divorce. Or so I thought. A few months ago she would talk to me, almost daily, about how jacked up her husband is. She shared her struggles with me and the plan that she had to leave. She finally moved out and got her own place and everything seemed to be going well. She was adjusting nicely.

Then a few days ago she asked me to take her to the car dealership to pick up her husband's car. Then she was going out of town and he was taking her to the airport. Her conversations with me have almost stopped completely but it seems that she and her spouse are on the road to reconciliation.

Which is great.

But I wonder why she couldn't wait to share all the crappy stuff but when things appear to have turned around ... there is no more sharing.

Why are we so free to share bad news but reluctant to share the good news?

4 comments:

lyre said...

I agree with Diva. And you know how bloggerland felt everytime I even spoke to the Unmentionableman. it's like you know you've complained about all the bad stuff, and dont want to be perceived as stupid for accepting them and going back. A weird position and uncomfortable especially if she's blasted all of his bad qualities.

Blah Blah Blah said...

I agree with the other two.

The one person I tell all my business to...well he gets more good than bad...but he does get it all. I never want anyone to sit back and think "if this man is an ass, why is she still there" but I also don't want anyone being falsly lead and thinking "if this man is a king, then why she wanna leave him"...lol
I give the good bad and the ugly...

Believer said...

Yep, these ladies know what's up!

She's embarrassed. I would approach her to discuss that you're a "true" friend and still want to share and support each other. I hope the friendship continues.

YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

I've never understood that either. If you're working it out, then great.

They have moved on with their lives together, but I'm still stuck hating his (or her) guts