Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Overheard at the Kingdom

Last Night:

Prince: Mom, before you guys leave the house tomorrow wake me up and tell me to cut the grass. Say it in your mean voice. Don't be like (in mocking tone of voice) Honey, time to get up ... and don't forget to cut the grass today, Sweetie. Ok?

Queen: Ok.

This Morning:

Queen (in mean voice): Boy we're about to leave, get up and go cut the grass! Do it now because I don't want to hear your mouth talkin' about it got too hot outside. And I bet not come home today and see that grass not cut! And make sure you get the weeds in the flower bed!

Queen (in normal voice): How was that?

Prince: I got you.

Note: "I got you" is what he said when I told him to cut the grass on Sunday.

6 comments:

Blu Jewel said...

Aww! That was really cute. Now, you have to check his tone in which he said, "I got you" and that will tell you how well he recieved what you said.

Love to live; live to love!

LadyLee said...

That was funny.

I think you should yank him up out of bed and physically put his hands on the lawnmower.

(Now who wants to go through all that? "I got you" is fine for now.)

Hopefully that grass won't grow up past your knees, lol.

Blah Blah Blah said...

LOL...how was that? Is probably the reason you got, I got you. LOL

It defeated the whole mean voice....cute.

TJ said...

I hope the grass got cut :)

Believer said...

He needs motivation—hence, the mean voice.

Is the grass cut yet?

Rose said...

You messed that up? Just kidding...that was sweet...