Thursday, July 30, 2009

Psalms 46:10

I went to bed last night saying, "God, please let me wake up with the answer!"

When I woke up, this is the verse that he gave me: Be still, and know that I am God.

Not exactly what I was looking for ... but it is what I should have expected. God is funny like that.

I have always taken this verse to mean that I should be patient. However, when I did a little more research I came to realize that "be still" comes from a Hebrew word which means to be weak, to let go, to release.

None of us like to admit to weakness. Especially not me but this verse is commanding me to be weak. Once I allow myself to be weak than God can shine through and be my strength. I have to be able to surrender my desire to control outcomes and entrust my care to God.

Whoa.

8 comments:

Yan Tan said...

Hey hunn just stopping by showing some love on your blog!! ;-p


**YanTan**


Come stop by sometime....

ShellyShell said...

I'm with on on not wanting to be weak. But sometimes God tells us we need to be weak and fall back while he does some work! It's hard I know!

Blah Blah Blah said...

I think I may take it to the next level of being weak...and just give in/up...but that's a whole blog I can't write about yet.

Being still allows you to be open...being a weak leaves room for strength to come to the forefront and move on with a sureness of knowing where/who your strength comes from.

Rarely does God give you the exact answer you are looking for...I think it's his way of making us take that extra step from prayer [read: be proactive in your spiritual walk with him/her]...to see it's not what you wanted but what is needed.

Then again...what do I know...it's all individually based.

TJ said...

This is a good verse to meditate on.

LadyLee said...

Where we are weak, He is strong. And when we are weak, we are leaning on our own logic and understanding. That's my take on it. Step out of that thinking, and let Him handle things.

Good verse. And it is amazing what you get out of short answers. Really.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Weak could mean broken. In other words, God wants "full" surrender in a particular area or in a situation.

Let this season be one of intimacy as you seek and find comfort.

Give Him the glory!

Rose said...

Yes this is a good one but I didn't know it meant be weak either.