Friday, September 11, 2009

Day 10

We’re leaving for the beach later today for our last summer fling. I hate saying goodbye to summer. Although it feels like summer has already said goodbye to us. It was right chilly outside this morning.

In addition to my journey into all things spiritual, this countdown involves me getting my body, money and professional life on track. As far as that is concerned, I’ve only been to the gym once this week (Boo!) but my diet has been near perfect: grilled fish, fresh veggies, I only had two fried chicken wings this week, plenty of water, and plenty of rest. I’m working on plans to increase my emergency fund savings, my fun fund and my F-U fund. Professionally I need a kick start. I’m going through assessments right now and once I receive the results I’ll be able to review the development plans and move on from there.

This brings me to today’s reading which came from Matthew 7 which concludes the sermon on the mount. Don’t judge people (v. 1); Ask, Seek, Knock (v. 7); Again, we shall be known by the fruit that we produce (v. 19, 20) and build your house on a rock or a strong foundation (v. 25-27).

I love how Jesus is always reminding me that if I live my life with him as my foundation, I will be able to stand strong during the rough times that will inevitably come my way. It all goes back to seeking the kingdom first and everything else will be added. It’s been difficult but He tells us to ask and it shall be given unto us, seek and we will find, knock and the door will be opened. Those aren't difficult rules to follow.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

ShellyShell said...

God does say to put him first and he will guide you. I sometimes forget that and try to do shyt my own way and it doesn't work out so well!
Hope you have a fantastic time at the beach!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I've been absent these past weeks due to company, but I can't wait to read about your spiritual journey.

I don't think that God's rules or conditions are that easy, but I will say that knowing He has my back is all the incentive I need to do my part. Amen!