Thursday, May 14, 2009

Missing Mojo

A friend of mine sent me an email about a writing contest and wanted to know if I had any interest in participating. Sadly, I did not.

I wonder what happened to me. Nine years ago I had a story to tell and over the course of several years I told it. During that period of my life I was going through a divorce and I desperately needed my characters to get me through each day. I had a great time. Those ladies, Daphne, Angela and Kya, were the best thing that ever happened to me.

Time goes on and life continues. So many things have happened through the years and I have allowed my writing time to dwindle. In fact, it’s probably limited to my restaurant reviews and this blog.

I still enjoy writing but I don’t feel like I have another story in me. I am a one hit wonder. And the term “hit” is relative. In my mind it was certainly a hit.

I know that my priorities were much different nine years ago. I was strictly in survival mode. Now, I’m in living mode. I want to participate in anything that will enhance my living. I remember a time when I couldn’t see beyond my children’s graduations. I figured that at that point I was done and I could quietly go away. I know how that sounds and I’m happy to say that I now know that there is too much living to do to quietly go anywhere. My life is a gift and if I choose to never write another word I am so blessed that I had the opportunity to write the ones that I did.

Don’t let this day pass you by without doing something that really matters.

7 comments:

Diva (in Demand) said...

Chele...you are my role model...you just are. Before I leave this earth I will sit across a table from you with a glass of wine and just be in awe.

chele said...

Thanks Diva. I think the more you drink the more awesome I become. LOL

Anonymous said...

I recall the past every now and again, especially during "hit" seasons when I was in the spotlight. Still, I remember that living in the "now" is where I really want to be.

Perhaps there is another book to be written in your future. I believe God has a few surprises left! ;)

LadyLee said...

Get busy living... good deal.

My writing mojo is a bit gone too... trying to get it back. But if I don't, life is still great!

TJ said...

Mine comes and goes, but I try to write something whenever I can. Sometimes it keeps my head from exploding and my family from winding up on CNN. LOL.

Rose said...

Wow Chele. This is interesting. Lately I have been too busy to write a novel but the blogging helps me to become more centered. When you are ready and after you live your life, you will have another novel to share with us.

Blu Jewel said...

My writing MoJo has taken a sabatical; however, I use my words in another way. I'm in a position where I can speak with others and provide comfort, inspiration, and assistance. While I truly miss writing, I'm happy that the words have yet to fail me.

I, too, want to sit and have wine and discussion with you.

Love to live; live to love!